Col. Todd Vician commands the Air Force Public Affairs Agency, Joint Base San Antonio-Randolph, Texas, a field operating agency reporting to the Secretary of the Air Force Director of Public Affairs, with more than 350 people at eight locations worldwide. The agency provides global Combat Camera and video production capabilities and specialized program management for the public affairs career field. Programs managed by the agency’s award-winning team include establishing standards, researching, testing, and purchasing equipment and systems, public web hosting for the Air Force, archiving and measuring distribution of products, and public affairs intellectual property management.
Col. Vician has served at various squadron, group, wing, and headquarters units stateside and overseas. He has deployed to Afghanistan, the Kyrgyz Republic, Spain, and Italy while supporting overseas contingency operations. He commanded Air Force services squadrons in the United States and while deployed supporting Operation Enduring Freedom. Col. Vician served in a NATO operations center in Kabul, Afghanistan, and also commanded a mission support group of nearly 1,500 military, civilian and contract personnel. Prior to his current position, he was the chief of staff for Seventh Air Force, Osan Air Base, Republic of Korea. He was promoted to colonel October 1, 2011.
1989 Bachelor of Arts, University of Minnesota, Twin Cities
1996 Master of Mass Communication, Arizona State University, Tempe
2005 Master of Military Operational Art, Air University, Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala.
2019 Accreditation, Public Relations Society of America
1. June 1990–July 1992, Deputy Chief of Public Affairs, 93rd Bomb Wing, Castle Air Force Base, Calif.
2. July 1992–July 1994, Chief of Public Affairs, 775th Air Base Group, San Vito dei Normanni AB, Italy
3. July 1994–June 1996, Graduate Student, Arizona State University, Tempe
4. June 1996–July 1998, Chief of Public Affairs Human Resource Development, Headquarters Air Force, Pentagon, Washington D.C.
5. July 1998–July 2000, Public Affairs Adviser to the Secretary of the Air Force, Pentagon, Washington, D.C.
6. July 2000–July 2002, Chief of Public Affairs, 55th Wing, Offutt AFB, Neb.
7. July 2002–July 2004, Commander, 347th Services Squadron, Moody AFB, Ga. (July 2003–November 2003, Commander 376th Expeditionary Services Squadron, Manas AB, Kyrgyz Republic)
8. July 2004–June 2005, Student, Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
9. June 2005–July 2009, Press Officer, Office of the Secretary of Defense, Pentagon, Washington, D.C.
10. July 2009–July 2010, Chief of Public Affairs Current Operations, Headquarters ISAF Joint Command, Kabul, Afghanistan
11. July 2010–July 2011, Chief of Current Operations, Secretary of the Air Force Public Affairs, Pentagon, Washington, D.C.
12. July 2011–June 2012, National Defense Fellow, Georgetown University, Edmund A. Walsh School of Foreign Service, Institute for the Study of Diplomacy, Washington, D.C.
13. July 2012–June 2013, Director of Public Affairs, Headquarters Air Combat Command, Joint Base Langley-Eustis, Va.
14. July 2013–July 2015, Commander, 72d Mission Support Group, Tinker AFB, Ok.
15. September 2015–July 2017, Chief of Staff, Seventh Air Force, Osan AB, Republic of Korea
16. July 2017–present, Commander, Air Force Public Affairs Agency, Joint Base San Antonio-Randolph, Texas
(Current as of January 2020)