Telling the Air Force story to a global audience requires skilled communicators with skills ranging from journalism to photography. As Public Affairs Photojournalists, we are integral in shaping and maintaining the public image of the Air Force. We paint the Air Force in the most appropriate light possible and let the world know about the many accomplishments of the Air Force.
- Write, edit and photograph news, features and sports stories for base newspapers, social media outlets, base websites and media releases
- Review speeches, news releases, tapes, motion picture films and photographs for security clearance and public release
- Design and edit newspapers or newsletters, prepare layouts, read and correct proofs and coordinate with the publisher for distribution and circulation
- Engage the community through tours and town hall meetings
- Respond to media queries and facilitate interviews
- Document photos: official portraits, crime scene and alert photography, combat documentation